Tuesday, July 8

Origami

No Japan study is complete without Origami.

Amazing Origami for Children arrived, the 'for children' meaning for them rather than children making them I feel.


It's a little too advanced for a 6 yr-old to work from, but it inspired crafty creations in her, and I had a go at a cat, which she then completed with her own details.


Doing it myself really gave me a new admiration for Japanese ingenuity and detail.


Miss6 is adding a white patch on it's chest, and has decided to make it various things like a food bowl and a toy. And it's name is Blackberry.

She enjoyed the book Japan, and there are many activities to which we'll return over time.


I stumbled across an interesting documentary of expats in Japan, for myself, not Miss6.

Origami resources:
activityvillage.co.uk
origami-club.com
dltk-kids.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.