Friday, October 14

joy pockets #28

I've not found it an easy week. She had a cold which lingered and then just as she was over it she caught another. I caught something but got rid of it quickly. But have barely slept due to alternating night nose-blowing and/or coughing, and gale-force winds. The latter which destroyed her trampoline and some garden furniture and kept cutting off the electricity. On top of it all, feeling creatively frustrated.

Oh dear, I really needed to look back and remind myself of the moments.



.
m&ms
.
seasonal peppers
.
making a great red pepper chutney
.
when she fell asleep with her little hands cradling my face
.
soup season
.
that she won't simply take my word for it
.
relaxed time with friends
.
3G moments
.
that she doesn't have to have what other kids are having
.
watching her learn when she sees it as play
.


joy pockets


share with me your joy pockets this week.



if you've done your own, add the link to your actual POST below
And enjoy visiting those ahead of you!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely joy pockets this week....especially love the one about her falling asleep, cradling your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M & M's!! I just so happened to treat myself yesterday--peanut or plain for you? I'm a peanut girl :).
    soup season--yay!!
    watching her learn while she plays yes!
    3G moments, what did we ever do without them? :)
    happy weekend to you friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "that she won't simply take my word for it"

    i LOVE that this is a joy pocket. really! this says so much about you. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. little hands cradling your face - that melted my heart. Too sweet!

    I love soup season! And a toasty fire - great photo.

    Hope the weekend is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nooo mean ol' wind trashing the trampoline! Love the woodburner shot, I so wish we had one, annoying we rent a house and our landlord boarded up and plastered over the fireplace...so no fires for us! Your girl sounds alot like mine! Its a magical (and demanding) age! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little pockets are evidence of what an incredible child you're living with. Falling asleep cradling your face, yet refusing to take your word for anything. Learning through play and being okay with not having what the other kids have. All of these are things I hope for life with my own little. So lovely!

    I hope you're feeling better, or begin to soon and she is on the mend as well. Thanks again for helping me appreciate the joy in my own week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. her little hands cradling your face- too precious! And thumbs up to her not wanting to just take your word for it!

    Back later for the other posts. Al's shouting my puter time is up lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey i could've written that first paragraph myself! same thing happened here... glad you're all on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joy pockets are a balm for the soul!

    I love when they don't take our word for it. Such a pleasure to watch those wheels spin.

    And It is so amazing how they learn all the time, and play is the best way to learn!

    There is nothing better than tiny people falling asleep cuddling you, and even better when it's your face. :)

    And soup season!! We're excited about that too. We finally have some lovely Fall weather around here.

    Hopefully next week is more smooth. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'when she fell asleep with her little hands cradling my face'

    Awww.

    I'm excited about soup season, too, mmm.

    Didn't do joy pockets this week, was too busy having a birthday ;)

    Still jealous of your wood stove. Love your new header, forgot to tell you that last time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does feel like you're witnessing a beautiful miracle when you watch your kids learn through play. It's amazing and satisfying in many ways.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.