Tuesday, March 15

a medley

The Wildflower is blossoming. She's as healthy as ever, spritely as ever. She's alternating between being the most co-operative she has ever been, being less contrary, and pushing hard against the proverbial boundaries.

Her eating is improving all the time [she started on solids very late]. We seem to add a new food every couple of weeks. Porridge, cheese, walnuts, and new jar-food fruit mix, in the last two months.

I was going to grow her hair long, but she still had lots of baby fuzz at the back which tangled terribly. So she's been sporting a bob since we returned from England. She actually looks cute with it.

♦ ♦

I worked out how to make a gorgeous pita (veg/meat in flaky pastry). Spinach is in season and tastes so yummy in it.

I also made banana and choc-chip muffins for the first time. YUM.

♦ ♦

Husband has been super busy sorting out our visas for the coming year. It's the biggest headache, and once it's done, the most laughable event of the year.

♦ ♦

We had a lovely weekend with friends over, good food, laughs, kids playing, and even managed time outside in some sun.

♦ ♦


Almost every morning after breakfast and cartoons, we draw or paint.

♦ ♦

We found free broadband in the city centre. But discovered we can't get a cheap option with 3G at our home. [we're on an never-ending quest for decent internet access at home]

♦ ♦

The news is on a lot, as we keep up with Japan's disaster. But I'm annoyed when some people have said that before this, and the uprisings in Egypt and Middle East, there was little news. Disasters make good stories, but there are countless tragedies going on in the world every day. Get off mainstream news and you'll find it.

♦ ♦

Finally, we can breathe a little this year. Financially we are steady.

♦ ♦

The Wildflower is done with midday naps! She has a slightly longer night sleep, so it's about the same. It means I have almost no time to myself (except when daddy can be with her), but I'm much less anxious about this then I would've been not so long ago. And it does mean a little more sleep for me... which is great.

♦ ♦

I'm feeling more relaxed than I have been in the longest time. I will write more on this at some point.

Do join me with Joy Pockets this Friday, I'm missing all your lovely moments that you share here.

4 comments:

  1. This whole post came across as peaceful and relaxed, and I will join you in Joy pockets this week :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's good to see you, mon! wildflower is gorgeous, i love all that you have shared. you sound well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I miss you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys are doing well! Michael has started missing naps this month, which is unfortunate timing for me, because not only had I planned on napping a lot this month, but I need those naps more than ever because of the medication I'm on. The naps aren't usually replaced with extra night sleep, either. If I wasn't so tired, I wouldn't mind so much.

    I made banana chocolate chip pancakes for the first time this month. They were very yummy.

    Love that photo.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.