Monday, November 15

intensity & balance

“One should clean out a room in one's home and place only a tea table and a chair in the room with some boiled water and fragrant tea. Afterwards, sit solitarily and allow one's spirit to become tranquil, light, and natural.”
Li Ri Hua, a Ming Dynasty scholar

you know how the symbol for libra is a set of scales? and how this means balance? well, while us librans can appear balanced, it's all a trick of the light. it's simply because we're always on the search for it, rather than that we've attained it.

if you notice, old-fashioned scales are easily tipped one way or the other.

playing at macro monday

i've been working intensely on the new spiral sisters blog, and writing for it. and i just can't sustain that level of intensity. the scales are tipped too far one way.

and so i run for the hills. literally. scavenging for fallen pinecones with the pixiechild. i can't stand to look at anything related to what i was working on. i immerse myself in art and literature instead (see couple of posts ago).

it's taken me a long time to understand this about myself. i used to think that i was inconstant, and was often frustrated. now i realise that it's an attempt at rebalance. i know i'll return to the serious spiritual ponderings, web design, writing......

for now, fresh air and a simple cup of chai.

15 comments:

  1. Don't blame you! Enjoy the fresh air, pine cones and cups of chai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh. Oh I'm hearin' ya fellow Libran ; ) My scales have been tipped too far in one direction as a result of so much study of late. I too resort to fresh air and chai.

    That photo is just beautiful Mon. And I love the idea of you scavenging for lovely bits of nature out in the wild hills : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, Chai's my favorite! Love this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent...and great timing for a photo of these being that it's close to the holidays!!

    My Macro is in a NUT SHELL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Well done! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. great shot
    it can ben from a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice composition. I really like this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monica
    I would love to send you the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful composition and processing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks everyone :)

    we ought to have an online chai party too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you on the balance thing. For me, that's the hardest thing about anything Internet-related. I tend to get sucked in and forget to give myself breathing space from it. It's hard keeping myself away (I haven't even done it 100%), but I'm trying to keep at it until I feel like I can come back AND keep myself balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're all on our on journeys, Monica, and we all need to do what is right for us at each point along the way, including you. Then we will keep moving forward with a certain deep-seated joy and confidence whatever the bumps and the bruises. I think this is what I've learnt over the last two months and you contributed to that learning. So thank you and go running in the hills for as long as you like.
    Incredible but true, last night I had to run too. I went out in the dark after ten at night and walked and lay down in the frosty long grasses on the common behind the last row of houses in my village. I gazed at the wonderful stars in the sky and they calmed me. I felt like a madwoman out there alone at night knowing everyone else was safely ensconced in their houses as usual. It felt so good! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, well, if you can't remain balanced, just realise, like me, that you just need to rebalance.
    i see balance as a process, like in yoga, you have to work to maintain it, and it's dynamic anyway.

    Louise - totally love that you did that. so many women would choose to be sensible instead. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    I was looking at your blog and I like it. I want to invite you to become my blog friend, and if you follow me, I will follow you...

    What do you think?

    I hope to hear from you soon.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a good point. I might just have to periodically tear myself away from the computer. I like the idea of seeing balance as a process. It makes sense.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.