Wednesday, October 6

confirmations

do you ever ask the universe/god for confirmation? confirming you're walking the right path and the path rightly?

i rarely ask for answers as i feel that this is part of my task here - to ask the right questions and look for those answers.

i almost never make requests or ask for manifestations. i believe in being open to possibilities.

but occassionally i ask for confirmation. mostly it comes instantly via my intuition, but sometimes, when a situation has been complex and multi-layered, i ask more specifically.

were my choices right for my journey?
were my actions aligned to Love?
have i done enough to make things right?
have i let go?
did i release ego and learn and grow?
have i sent out enough compassion?

and the universe always answers.

in little and big signs. though usually small gentle nudges. unless it's a terribly wrong turn i've taken, then the answer is nice and deafening.

so this time, the universe said yes...

i had made the right choices
my actions were aligned to Love
i had done enough
i released and learnt and grew
i sent out enough compassion (but there's no limit)

i had not let go enough.... but grew enough to learn more too. so the universe slowed me down and i accepted. and i let go fully. and i learnt even more.

so many wonderfully beautiful treasures have been strewn across my path in way of answers.

one of the many little signs was especially sweet and very tangible. the day after i asked for confirmation a blogger i barely knew sent me a gift. something i had previously admired. something that spoke to me and in my simple words, she knew. even the card... unknown to her, she just happened to choose a card with a tulip, my favourite flower. aaaand, it arrived on my birthday.



and just like that she sends me a two-fold gift. the thing itself (isn't that the sweetest tree?) and, unknowingly, an answer.

yes, keep doing what you're doing.
you are growing.
all is well, the rest is not your concern.


my favourite part? it ripples. when you walk the right path, your benefits ripple out to those that share your life. a friend feels lighter for a time, a partner gives more, another friend finds sudden clarity, a stranger lends a hand, you make a new friend, a friendship is renewed, your child seems joyous, everyone feels loved for a moment or two.

12 comments:

  1. Now that's just lovely.

    Happy birthday. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful, Mon. you have such a wonderful way of putting "the process" into words. it is so hard for me to describe even to myself what it is that is happening or not happening or what i'm feeling, but you can do it..and so very beautifully.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. were my choices right for my journey?
    were my actions aligned to Love?
    have i done enough to make things right?
    have i let go?
    did i release ego and learn and grow?
    have i sent out enough compassion?

    Beautiful questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. call it serendipity, fate, whatever, I am convinced the the universe (or God, or whatever your personal belief) sends us messages, and it is up to us to be open to hearing and receiving them. How wonderful to have your confirmation request answered in such a direct and beautiful way and I am so glad that you received the confirmation you sought. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post could make me cry this morning. i recently fell into a place of defeat - why, universe? what the heck do you want? when i finally shifted back towards more of the harmonious way of allowing confirmation...i was presented with a huge pushback. surprisingly, because the commitment was there, i let it go, and continued on. and the confirmations began to arrive with synchronicity.

    this, in my opinion, is such a delicate topic. you paint the picture so well ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. ladybug the feeling is everything, the words are a very distant 2nd.

    amy, i'm so glad the confirmations arrived for you, because you allowed them to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those questions, what good ones! Thanks for putting them out here to share :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Just read the Mindful Mama - Authentic Self page. The very confirmation I have been seeking these last few days :lol Universe answered!!!

    Amazing. Very wise and wonderful words.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, this resonates! When I can remember to stay open, I'm always surprised by the messages that seem to arrive as if by magic. Often not even a request is necessary...just the right frame of mind. Maybe that is request enough. And happy, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often ask for confirmation, especially when I feel I have gone out on a limb, so to speak, with a decision I have made that has far reaching consequences. Just this morning I did that and then received the confirmation that I needed. Sometimes the fear I feel as to whether I have made the right decision is a test of faith and belief for me. If I know that I have heeded all signs and trusted my intuition then I see it as the universes way of saying let it go and the universe will handle it. It is like a soft blanket giving me comfort when worry threatens to take over.
    Monica, you have such a way with words. They are so honest and thought provoking. Thanks
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, last comment for tonight, I'm all caught up your wonderful blog.

    And my comment is totally silly, which is to share that I was sure Mica was going to be a girl because I asked the universe and it said YES. It just cracks me up to think about it!

    But I can see, now, actually, how I am much more in tune with my intuition... (in-tune-intuition) so I suppose it's a lovely memory/experience to have had after all. :)

    g'night!

    and that tulip is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.