Friday, July 2

june in review

Your reader's may have missed out on some content this month, you have new or occassional readers, or you didn't post much. Consider a Month in Review post. I know I can't keep up with all the wonderful blogs out there. Just copy & paste the headings below and add your responses.
Here's a tip, set a post up in draft form and add to it throughout the month.

june felt full. emotionally and creatively. lots done around the land, lots of rain, lots of art, an ill child, the company and personal experiences of friends, some gardening, gifts, new dog......

A thought...
the value of what we do

We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget that the inner value, 
the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it's all about.
Joseph Campbell


A sound...
scratchings in the walls - somehow, irridescent beetles have made their home in our living room wall. fortunately they're harmless. but we're concerned they'll start chewing on something soon. and the sounds can be creepy.

A taste...
summer strawberries and new (good) chorizo from a new store in town.

An image...
outside time - mama's setup, Wildflower with bucket & spade or sidewalk chalk,
and Missus, ever present in outdoor photos.

A scent...
rotting kitchen waste... although it was accidentally thrown out, no fear, i've restarted it.

A word...
abundance- struggling with the concept when it comes to money... slowly making my peace.

A touch...
kisses + plaster (bandaid) - the Wildflower's thing was to say you've got a hurt, or react to an actual one, and then go off into the kitchen to grab a (imaginary) plaster. she kisses your hurt and puts the plaster on. very sweet.

heat - poor Wildflower's 4-day fever. and the return of my super velcro-baby.

A gift for me...
a studio to come. and believing, i deserve this.

A post you may have missed...
the gift of tantrums

Did you do a review? Let me know. and a link back of course would be nice.


wow, july snuck up on me. let's hold of 'til next weekend for the next through the keyhole.

9 comments:

  1. I love your month in review. It gives me a chance to catch up on anything I might have missed, and to revisit things I love about your blogging. The image is my favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month in review Mon. And wonderful photo of the great outdoors in your neck of the woods. Lots of love to all of you, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reviewing. Did you do the stone work in your back yard yourself? I love it, that's something I would do. Thanks again for the gift of tantrums. I caught it the first time around but it's still making it's presence known in my home when the wee ones pitch a fit of some sort. BTW I'm sure your busy but if you happen to get a free moment would you mind visiting my blog? I am looking for a bit of constructive criticism on a new project. It's always helpful to have a fresh perspective. Blessings!

    forloveofmyoceans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. June was full for me, too, and in a very good way. I'm definitely fine with holding off on the keyhole post, as July is starting turbo fast, too! (So glad you did your review post, because I had forgotten to do mine, and went and wrote it really quick before coming over here.)

    Beetles in the wall...I dunno, though "iridescent" sounds pretty, I do NOT like bugs in my house! Especially strange ones that I know nothing about.

    So cute about the "hurt"s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your set up! and Missus (ROFL her name makes me laugh Mon, it really does, especially how Missus is used around here), is she your only dog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm giving you the link to my review so you can get to it easily:

    http://edenwild.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/june-in-review-2/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quote, and your idea of a month in review! blessings to you!!! xxx Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The spatial set-up in this photograph is so interesting! I'll do a month in review in a couple of days ... it'll be a first for me :).

    "june felt full. emotionally and creatively." Love the way you put this.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.