Saturday, May 22

through the keyhole #2 - corner bookshelf

real homes, real people

of the 600+ books i have, only about 30 are on shelves. the rest are on floors, stairs, windowsills...

here is one corner of the only bookshelf, which is actually a Mexican Rack - a kitcheny piece of furniture with shelves, drawers and wine rack. it's made of wood and black wrought iron and has been with us since our first house back in 1996-7. but for through the keyhole, i'm only to share with you the peek of a corner...



as it sits in the kitchen, it holds nature books and herbals, as well as a few jars of herbs. that's 'dream tea' mix at the front that i made up, for calm but vivid dreams. some hibiscus flowers, and journeying tea in the back... you should be able to make out the book titles... the top one is Tulipmania, my favourite of flowers.

add your direct link in the link below... and visit each other!


next week: cooker/stove (your stove/cooker/oven/hob... two pics okay if you have separate oven and stove top)

17 comments:

  1. Lovely Mon! Just lovely. You would just love early Spring in Sweden...Tulips everywhere. They are now officially my fave flower too! Looking forward to the next Keyhole...how about the bedroom window? Nah...front door. Yes, I realize these are uninspired choices but I just gotta see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I do love nosing at folks' bookshelves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~l♥vely little peek into your world...hibiscus tea is one of my favorites...such an exquisite color it turns...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely peek at some of your books. I just want to dive right on in and read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Keyhole project so much. Meant to participate last week, but didn't get my camera out. Will have to try this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love to see what books other people own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, forgot to add the one for next week.

    next week: cooker/stove (your stove/cooker/oven/hob... two pics okay if you have separate oven and stove top)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, like seeing your books.
    Oh and tulips - I gave away 20 bulbs to 20 different people today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...I love your stack of books in this little corner of your home...snd I store everything in glass jars.
    What a cool and fun idea. I've missed your blog and am getting inspired to come back...I should join in - such a cool idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A laugh tellegraph is past blast 2 nast he
    So light up the tree to free she
    And it will become clear
    Nodishment to adhear!

    Love lovwe Andew XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't know tulips were your favorite! Did you see my post of photos from the tulip fest I went to? I love tulips and we are ordering a bunch of bulbs for our yard to plant this fall.

    What's 'Green Psychology'??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa - green psychology is similar to eco-psychology.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photo! I'll be adding mine here when I get back home from Georgia! Green psychology sounds interesting ... I'll have to look it up to get a sense of what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. monica, i am with you on the books-on-the-floor/all-over-the-place bit! though your shelf surely looks whimsical :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this blog!!! I got the link from Mon and she was so right sending me here.... LOVE your book shelve (I too have books all over the place!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so lovely to see 'through the key hole' at other's books, its like a world wide bookshop you can browse through - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh, I love the names of the books I saw! Green Psychology? Sharing Nature with Children? Great!

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.