Friday, May 14

through the keyhole #1

as you know, we've recently moved into our new home. one thing i have been asked for is photos and more photos. and one thing i love to see is into other people's homes. most of us share pics of our kids and our crafty projects, but the glimpses into our homes are rare. i'm hoping lots of you will join me in this home peeking, by sharing your homes with me.

it's not about beautiful homes, it's about real homes - piles of laundry, sink full of dishes, mess of toys... it's about sharing our real lives.

so each week i'll post the latest peek and the theme for the upcoming week (do offer suggestions!). we share a photo of this area and leave it at that, or we share a snippet of info - do you like it, wish it were different? is there a story attached to the area/object.... the idea is to keep it intimate, so not a view of a whole room, but a close up of the area/objects.

this week's theme is sink view - what you look at when you wash the pots-n-pans. is it a brick wall, a spice rack, a window into the neighbour's garden?


i wish i had a photo of the sink view at the old apartment, it was the wall. now i look out into a portion of our backyard, our back field, and the mountains stretching all around the back of our home. luuuurve it.
you can just make out a white stone wall in the background, that's the back border. after that is just woods. the photo doesn't do it justice. it's so overgrown, we have since strimmed the backyard, much to the distaste of the snakes....

next week: corner bookshelf (just a small portion of one corner of a bookshelf)
i'm doing these for Saturdays.

direct link to your post please :)


17 comments:

  1. oh my, that view just about has me in tears, it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sarah....I would stand all day and do dishes if that was the view...*sigh*

    My fave sink view of all time was an old house I lived in during my uni-days...it looked out into the back garden that I'd coaxed into wildish submission -- talk about dish-washing meditation....

    Any house we move to after this...the sink view will be the make-it-or-break-it...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Our view is a yellow wall. I don't mind it, but sure would be nice to be looking out the window while washing dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view and so wondrous for the imagination and exploration! This would be J's perfect place to live - with a back yard where you are free to roam wherever. And wow, what a contrast to your apartment.
    What a great idea too re. the pics. I will join in but not for a while as i have just posted nice photos from the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mon - it's breathtaking! Looking out at that every day would be such a soul-balm. I have so much to catch up on, but it's so good to see that you're settling into your lovely new home : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, Mon! That view is breathtaking. I stare at a white wall. Maybe one day I'll have a beautiful view of something other than a face full of white. :) Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the next shot as maybe I'll have something fun to post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of your sink view! It's so beautiful, especially those hills! Mine overlooks our backyard, but it's not very big and definitely not lush, and there is a wall there!

    I really like the name you came up with for this meme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo lovely! I think I'll participate myself - I look out onto a few overgrown shrubs and the fence between my space and the neighbours. I tend to keep the blinds half-down as a result so I can see a bit of green and at least feel somewhat private.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sink view is sublime! I stare out at a tiled wall. But if I turn to my right? A field separated by a barbed wire fence...LOL!

    Thanks for this Mon! Can't wait to see more pics. Stop teasing us already...ha! Ah, who cares? I'm about to see if for myself in August! (snicker)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sink view! That's one to treasure. Have added mine now as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. So natural and invigorating; I can just smell the mountain air through the open window. I'm sad that once we're living in the RV, we won't have a view from the sink, but at least we'll be surrounded by gorgeousness.

    I look forward to participating in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Late, but I managed it, finally! Thanks for the idea - I join you in the liking-to-see-people's-houses thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a view! How do you ever get to the computer?

    Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aye bit late too, but also joined in :-) Sadly, no mountains in my viewline.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I added a view of the outside, btw :). I really do need to get a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and I also added another view of the kitchen from the inside, from a different angle. I really do think it's my camera, but I'm working with what I have :).

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.