Sunday, January 24

F.A.B.B share

I really love hearing what others, and their kids, are reading or watching.
It's a weekend meme.



Films - anything you're watching
Audio - anything you're listening to
Books - whatever you're reading
Blogs - share a post you enjoyed, new blog, website

Listening

To the sound of silence, as Husband takes the Wildflower on a walk.

Reading

A lot of stuff like this:
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reported that in 2008, more than 160,000 American youth, ages 19 and younger, underwent cosmetic surgery.
The Plastic Surgery Channel

Still working my way through Mists of Avalon.

Watching

Watched 2012, which really got to me for some reason. Although it's typical OTT Hollywoodness, it felt more possible than most disaster movies. And then Lisa wrote a succinct take on 2012. And John Cusack was easy on the eyes, sigh

Watched Valkyrie, really worthwhile perspective of the German stuation during WWII.

Blogs

Despite my laptop slowly dying, I'm plowing through and doing the blog rounds...

Idzie's post on Being Childish
Stacy @ Mama-Om has a fab mindfulness series starting here.
Another mother saying that your opinion is irrelevant over here.

Participants:
Lisa @ My World Edenwild

8 comments:

  1. Love the Mists of Avalon. It's been years since I've read it; need to pick it up again.
    I'm horrified with the plastic surgery stat; it makes me sick.
    Thanks for the Valkyrie link, I need to watch that.
    Good luck with the laptop. My old tanker of a computer is on it's last day as well. Time to save for another one.
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link Mon, and I love what you are listening to: I am trying to find some time for me to appreciate the same thing every now and then.

    Also, re the plastic surgery stat, I wonder how many of those young women will regret their decision as they grow older? Or whether the act of having plastic surgery permanently alters some people's perspective of the world?

    I don't have any particular opinion on whether it's "right" or "wrong" to have plastic surgery, but what I do know is that the older you get the more likely you are to accept your appearance for what it is (ie. not hugely important) and that that acceptance is a very valuable strength to have indeed indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting mix of media. Re the plastic surgery: America is just insane. I'm off now to visit the links, and will have to check out Valkyrie too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a FABB this week!

    2012 sounds like it might be a nice diversion to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently reread Mists of Avalon (last year). My older son was getting into Knights and King Arthur and Merlin, and I wanted to remember more of the story. I wish there were a board-book version!! LOL. Are you going to do a review?

    And thanks for the link, Mon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RP - that's one of the many reasons against this trend. There are s many years ahead, where suddenly that boob or nose job feels completely wrong.

    Stacy - yep, I'll do a review. Might watch the film at some point too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just recently re-watched one of my all time favorite movies, "The little Buddha"...such a gentle introduction to the story of the Buddha and so well done too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just saw global mamas comment - i love the little buddha! haven't seen 2012, but i do love john cusack...

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.