Thursday, January 28

abc's of me

Felt like some fun...

A - Age: 39 years 3 months about 3 weeks
B - Book: Don Quixote, Women Who Run With the Wolves
C - Chore (dislike): cleaning the loo (toilet)
D - Drink: coffee, chai, black russians
E - Eat: pasta, chocolate
F - Flower: purple tulips
G - Gem: black onyx, white opal, amethyst
H - Height: 5'4" (164cm)
I - Instruments: dabble in saxaphone and piano but am totally crap
J - Joy: daughter's grin, Autumn sun, creating, back massages...
K - Kid(s): 1 and only, girl, 21 months old
L - Living: currently in Montenegro, by the sea. Heading for the mountains.
M - Music: Led Zepplin, Vivaldi
N - Noise: as much silence as I can get
O - Ornaments: mostly stuff from travels, Bolivian tapestries, Tibetan cymbals
P - Pet Peeve: someone rearranging my shelves (herbs, books, whatever)
Q - Quote:
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Jack Kerouac
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Sibling(s): younger brother, younger sister
T - Time you wake up: whenever the little one does
U - Underwear: black boxer-short style
V - Vegetable: bell peppers (capsicums)
W - Word: serendipty, daughter's - hipucs (hiccups)
X - X-rays: shoulder when I was about 12, and numerous ultra-sounds
Y - Yearning: creative space
Z - Zzzz: insomniac + insomniac child = -z

And for all those who remarked in the last comments - ooh, look yer face.... okay it's true, I'm usually on the other side of the camera..... had to dig this one up, about a year old...



Do let me know if you join in, I'll add your link in here.

An American in Norway
Created with Love
The Loving Path
My World Edenwild
Global Mamas
Cypress Sun
Raising a Sensitive Child

21 comments:

  1. Really love this. Almost makes me want to blog again ; )
    As an aside, I love black onyx and amythest too. Chai and chocolate - obviously and preferably at the same time.
    Beautiful photie of you both. Wildflower is such a little pixie there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I want to play. Maybe tomorrow?! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Led Zepplin and Vivaldi, eh? You are a woman of eclectic musical tastes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quote. I wanna play, too. Thanks for sharing the picture, too. You really are beautiful! (And I so appreciate having a face to go with the words!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun to read. I think I will play along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like reading these types of lists -- they help put a picture of someone into better focus. Great idea. Also -- loooove Kerouac, too. What a beautiful mind.
    I'll play tomorrow when I have a few more minutes to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll play. Will post my abc's in a few minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~your p is my pet peeve too...my husband always wants to rearrange things when i am not around...i come home or back in and uurrgg...he says doesn't it look better...hhhmmm, thank you so but i liked it just as it was...wonderful abc's...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fun!

    I've done it too, to be found here:
    http://createdwithlove.typepad.com/created-with-love/2010/01/abcs-of-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea. I will attempt to play along. Laughing at the Zeppelin and Vivaldi because I lurve Zeppelin and Vivaldi because I just went to my son's winter art exhibition at his Montessori school and the works of art were painted while the children listened to Vivaldi through headsets...My son will be far more cultured than I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it...only one that surprised me were siblings, don't think you have ever mentioned?? am i wrong? somehow assumed you were an only child, like your Wildflower...don't know why...and this picture is even better than the last...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last post is me...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I did mine. Fun stuff, I love talking about myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice idea Mon, have done my ME list...It is super nice to get more of a rounded idea of the people we are connecting with. Once again a gorgeous shot!


    http://globalmamas.blogspot.com/2010/01/abcs-of-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I joined in the fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been having such trouble posting on your blog, lately. Don't know if it's my computer or what! Anyway, fun list! Loved the pic, too!

    yw (aka: A Green Spell)

    ReplyDelete
  17. fun reading everyone's abcs...i joined in as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greenspell - what a nuisance, don't know what the problem is.

    GM - I swear you look like a different person each time you change your profile pic, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey pretty lady!
    Quixote was going to be L boy's middle name, named it after St Francis of Assasi instead.
    -ruth

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know..I am a Gemini and have many faces...the trick is to learn how to be comfortable with all of them and to stop myself from always trying to be the same one to please others!!

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.