- Winter Solstice turned out to be the quiet affair that feels most right for me. Lots of candles, lots of introspection, friends and food the on the eve.
We might add a little more 'sparkle' when the Wildflower is older and if she wants it. The main Solstice candle was blown out before bed as a family, which was a lovely special moment, as we said goodbye to the old stuff and old cycle.
I'm definitely feeling the lighter load...
- We have a new memory card in the digital camera, which we formatted in the camer before use. Now, my computer is asking to format it before I can download the pics. Yikes. I'm afraid to delete everything on there, which formatting normally does right? Does anyone have any advice?
- It's been raining here for days, so we're snuggling and reading and listening to opera.... I'm doing some crocheting - a pillow cover for the Wildflower. I'll have a FABB Share for you this weekend.
- Husband is working hard on the house. The wooden floors are down and the doors are on upstairs. But we have leaks, from external doors and windows - it's quite vexing.
- Mercury is retrograding from 26th Dec to Jan 15th - so watch communications. They'll go awry, be confused, be misunderstood, get lost. Not a time to sign contracts, make decisions, start anything new, or travel. Watch what you say and how you say it, and take what you hear lightly.
Tough one if you're still visiting with family....
Mars is also retrograding - taking action needs to put by the side for now. Time to introspect on our desires, impulses, repressed anger or frustration, and how we go about getting what we want.
And a lunar eclipse on the 31st!
- A lovely lady brought a new life into the world...
- I redecorated here at Holistic Mama - siiigh, feels more reflective of me now - and over at chewing a leaf too - feels cosier now -.... and I've posted my reading list for 2010.
- The Wildflower is teething her canines. She's doing okay with them really. But of course, sleep is even less than usual. I'm working hard at not becoming frustrated by lack of writing time.... my book feels like it's slipping away from me.... it's a horrible feeling.... I'm mentally holding on tight.
- I have two cake recipes to share with you soon - a honey cake and a ginger cake. yum, yum.