Tuesday, December 29

99 things

At a time when people are reflecting...... this was a bit o' fun...

Things you've already done: bold
Things you want (or might want) to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog.

2. Slept under the stars.

3. Played in a band.

4. Visited Hawaii.

5. Watched a meteor shower.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity.

7. Been to Disneyland/world.

8. Climbed a mountain. - Not like Everest but several small ones, you know, hiking slowly...

9. Held a praying mantis.

10. Sang a solo.

11. Bungee jumped.

12. Visited Paris.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.

14. Taught yourself an art/craft from scratch. - art photography, hemp weaving, crochet

15. Adopted a child.

16. Had food poisoning.

17. Let someone else take the credit.

18. Grown your own vegetables.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.

20. Slept on an overnight train. - Brisbane to Cairns, although there was more drinking than sleeping...

21. Had a pillow fight.

22. Hitch hiked.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.

24. Built a snow fort - what's that? Hey, I grew up in Australia!

25. Held a lamb.

26. Gone skinny dipping.

27. Run a marathon.

28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. - Close. Rode the water taxis, cheaper and not touristy.

29. Seen a total eclipse.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.

31. Hit a home run.

32. Been on a cruise.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. - I don't ask for much.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing.

40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.

41. Sung Karaoke.

42. Rode a camel.

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. - Not in a restaurant, took it outside...

44. Been on an African safari. - Nearly, so very nearly.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance.

47. Done something illegal. - ahem

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. - Not on your life!

52. Kissed in the rain.

53. Played in the mud.

54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.

55. Been in a movie.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. - omg, me, a girl scout!!!

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Received flowers for no reason. - there's always a reason

64. Donated blood.

65. Gone sky diving.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.

67. Bounced a cheque.

68. Flown in a helicopter.

69. Kept a favorite childhood toy.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.

71. Eaten caviar - over-rated.

72. Pieced a quilt.

73. Stood in Times Square.

74. Been on TV. - was on a children's quiz show when I was about 12, chuckle I didn't win.

75. Been fired from a job.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.

77. Broken a bone. - Only a small fracture.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.

80. Published a book. - but let's just start by writing it shall we?

81. Visited the Vatican.

82. Bought a brand new car.

83. Walked in Jerusalem.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper.

85. Read the entire Bible. - almost

86. Visited the White House.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.

88. Listened to Tibetan monks chanting, in person.

89. Saved someone’s life. - May have, indirectly, working for a suicide help-line...

90. Sat on a jury.

91. Met someone famous. - Bob Marley's son, what'shisname... shrug

92. Joined a book club.

93. Lost a loved one.

94. Had a baby.

95. Seen the Alamo in person.

96. Went skinny-dipping.

97. Been involved in a law suit. - I was a witness once...

98. Owned a cell phone.

99. Been stung by a bee.


16 comments:

  1. Hehe, fun! Tempted to do this myself.. only because I want to say that I saved a life - my own, lol (kind of funny in hindsight) and met a famous person (Michael Franti who was very lovely and we hugged). Am curious about how you were fired from a job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings

    I love your sense of humor :) (I'm laughing)

    Wow you've really had a lot of exposure to the world hey! Interesting :)

    More blessings for the New year.
    Renecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...that is TOO fun.....you are ever so worldly, m'dear!! ;)

    Will give it a go on the morrow....

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting - what you have done and what you *haven't* done! I hope 2010 is a great year for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally cool!
    I feel I've lived such a sheltered life now.
    All the best in 2010 !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heheh...will have to try this one meself...

    Love that you visited the Vatican but don't ever intend to go bungee jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I stole it and did it on my blog as well. In the process I discovered I cannot be as boring as I sometimes think I am, if I've done all this stuff! Go me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel - funny, I think, hmmm... so many places still to see... lol

    s'me - excellent! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  9. He. Where did this come from?

    I'll have to do it while the little one is sleeping...please sleep today...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why is skinny dipping on there twice?

    I'm tempted to do this myself. This is a pretty good one...

    No snorkeling? Afraid of the water? Or of breathing under water? I did it and that's what freaked me out--that and having fins on my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I decided to play on my blog also...

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also ask why skinny dipping is on there twice, and wonder...

    By bolding it twice, are you admitting to being a repeat offender? :)

    I prefer to swim nude when possible. Less bathing suit up your arse, and more comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought about saying yes to skinny dipping once, and no on the 2nd...depends on the location and time...and age??

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so funny, I didn't even notice it was on twice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has been really fun reading everyone's lists and imagining all the stories behind them. I could kick myself those times when someone asks me what I've been up to, and I just parrot out, "Oh, not much...." We are alive! And isn't it amazing? Everyone has a story, and no matter what, they're all so unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun, I feel like a know so much about you from that list. I'm going to do it right now.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.