Yarn: cheapo acrylic
Don't know what it is about my camera, but the yarn is definitely black.
I changed the start. I began with a magic ring with 4 sc, then 2 dc in each sc. Then caried on with row 2 as pattern.
After row 18 I checked the size and it was tiny! I don’t think I have a particularly lage head, lol, and I know I will always buy the ‘medium’ in hats.
That 11” guideline after Rnd14 is not the final width, more like 9”. Once you start the decreases it draws in dramatically.
Rnd 14b: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), * FPDC around post of next st, dc in next dc, dc dec over next 2 sts (1 st
decreased), dc in next dc, rep from * around, end FPDC around post of next st, dc in next dc, dc dec over next
2 sts, join with a sl st in top of beg ch-3 – 32 FPDC’s with 5 dc’s between them.
Rnd 14c: repeatb14b
Then an extra decrease rnd…
I added a picot edging.
Sorry, wish I could take better pics of myself.