Wednesday, September 2

crochet newsboy cap

.


I love this hat and I so enjoyed making it. This is my trial run. I've ordered nicer (better quality and preferrable colour) to the cheap acrylic I used here.



I made just one mistake (that I spotted) but it makes no difference. I also noticed that after the front post crochet stitch the next dc was a little loose leaving a wider gap than I would prefer, so this is something I can remedy. You can't really tell but I would like to have that nicer workmanship.



The pattern (Ravelry - Swirls Cap by Sophia Kessinger) is the best I have ever seen. Wonderfully detailed and useful images. However, as a fairly newbie crocheter, it was a nightmare working out the stitches that create the swirl effect. But once I had, and then got into the flow, it's actually quite straight-forward.



The acrylic is stiff enough that it created a firm brim, so I didn't need the plastic insert. Besides, it's a trial run.

I think I ought to class myself as intermediate now.

Sorry about the poor quality photos - in hindsight, cleaning the mirror might have helped a little. oops...

Fellow WIPsters.
.

9 comments:

  1. Definitely intermediate, that aint no beginner's hat Mon! It looks fab, I've got a similar shop-bought one in black but handmade, ooooh super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so good Mon! And yeah, definitely intermediate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love this! Fabulous hat!

    It will be fun choosing yarn for the next one - and definitely worth splashing out on. Having said that, the acrylic one is bloody gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that hat. I wish I knew how to knit or crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I think I'm going to have to learn how to crochet because I am in love with this hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wondreful! I try to download the pattern but my antivirus dont let me , since it says the site has malware. be careful :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where does one get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the person got rid of it online i'm afraid.

      Delete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.