Friday, August 28

the week that was

The metaphorical weather round these pasts has seen the storm pass, though it remains in the horizon, a small glimmer of light, winds changeable - anything's possible.
The actual weather is still too damn hot. And there are still more mosquitos than the world really needs.

I indulged in a few films. Can't believe what youtube offers. Watched Lost in Austen (here for full episodes), which was great fun if annoying in places. Persuasion (recommended by sarah after having watched both versions), of which I had disliked the BBC version, and found this 2007 one much better. As well as Their Eyes Were Watching God, which was fine on its own but after having read the novel it was disappointing. Incidentally, I had read it years ago and forgot. *roll of eyes*
The Wildflower's current favourite book is Silly Sally (I reviewed here). And I finished Bel Canto (my review) and North and South (my review) and I'm now reading Lady Audley's Secret.

No crafting (can't do it all and it's OKAY) but do have this in progress... and will hopefully look half as good as this...


A lovely award bestowed upon me by flowers at Infinitely Learning. Thank you, always humbling to be recognised. And I love the chance to pass on recognition and find new blogs.


Guidelines of this award:

1. List 7 things that I love
2. Link back to the blog that awarded it to me
3. Choose 7ish blogs to award as ‘Kreativ Bloggers’
4. Comment at each blog to let them know they’ve been chosen

1. spicy teas with honey
2. words spilling out
3. large floppy bags
4. Autumn
5. going barefoot as often as possible
6. the promise of a new notepad/journal
7. labyrinths

I'm passing this on to 6 bloggers (I know you might have already had this award, but you deserve the recognition, and I want to gives it to ya!).
Docwitch - for her creative words, her dresses (GIMME!), and determination for a creative life.
Lisa - for mind-blindingly creative homeschooling ideas.
Ruth- for doing her art, because she refuses to ignore the need.
sarah - for her deceptive minimalism, of which lurks blossoms of creativity every day.
Caroline - for gentle gorgeousness, herself and her work.
Mel - for being my creatively indulging purple sister.

I have added two bloggy things. One, a really groovy gadget that allows readers to do things quickly with my words - tweet them, google them, etc. Just highlight any word/phrase on my post and check for yourself.

And the networked blog widget on my sidebar. I think this is just for FB?? Anyway, if you're on FB you can 'follow' my blog through that and get my post updates on your news feed. Might be more convenient for some. And of course, others can find you through my widget.

Ooh, ooh, and I just realised that we are peeking at September! So you might want to consider a month in review post in the next few days.


Also blogging at Crooked Hooks & chewing on a leaf

11 comments:

  1. Hey there! Sorry about the skeeters and jealous of the weather. Gotta head on over to your book site to see what's new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh!!! Thanks so very much!! I suppose I'd best get me arse in gear and do something creative then....;)

    A pox upon the mozzies -- with all the rain we've had this summer, ours are the size of small birds and VERY thirsty....what purpose do they serve, exactly?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love youtube too. I get to see so many great film clips and music videos. Usually around midnight :) The hat is so cute. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that hat is just adorable, but looks HARD! good luck with it - you really are quite the renaissance woman, you know. glad to hear the storm is calming. we have fires by us right now, very apocalytpic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the award! I especially appreciate it because you are one of my favourite bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so touched by your words and the fact that you also passed this on to me. Thank you!

    Thanks for the reviews as well. I think I have seen every Jane Austen film out there now....BBC, Masterpiece theatre and MGM. Some I love and some are just so so. Lady Audley's Secret sounds very intriguing.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for passing this on to me :). What a lovely surprise :) very heartened :) and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou darlin'!

    And isn't youtube a lollybag of scandalously copyright free goodies? Get it while we can, I say. I watched the Lost in Austen series on youtube some months ago, and tend to agree - lots of fun, and really quite annoying at times. And some of the things I laughed at and got a kick out of were actually as a result of some of the more irritating bits of it. But there were some really fascinating little moments as well. Anyway - fun and frothy.
    I enjoy a new take on the monoliths, and am always curious to see how each generation and the popular culture thereof is interpreting them/viewing them. Both the good and the bad.

    Oooh - and I LOVE that hat! Completely bloody fabulous. If you can get a handle on making one o' those you have my deep and genuine respec'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mon,
    I tried to find an email to ask this but couldn't so am posting it here. My poor husband has a horrible attack of prickly heat and I know the poor Wildflower had an attack too. Is there anything you did to give her some relief? Shame... I've been thinking of her so much as my husband, a grown man, is being driven mad with itching... he just can't stop. Poor little thing of yours... hope it's all over and never happens again.
    Blessings and magic,
    Donni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Mon, I'm running him an oatmeal bath as I write.
    Blessings and magic,
    Donni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Mon... just wanted to write to say thanks... my husband has had great relief from his oatmeal bath... it's been over 100 degrees here this weekend... we kept the oatmeal bath in all day and he practically spent the whole day in it. I'm running a fresh one for the night. Who would have thought prickly heat was such a traumatic event for a 40 year old tough guy?? I've even got him thinking about Wildflower and how horrid it must have been for a little one who doesn't really understand... shame!
    Anyway, thanks for taking the time to help.
    Blessings and magic
    Donni

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.