Saturday, August 8

the week that was



Darn hungry caterpillars! They've nibbled my catnep and taken my thyme to within an inch of its life!



I was inspired by my niece to crochet. Haven't done any in weeks. She chose a slouchy hat but my choice of yarn and hook meant that it came out too small for her.


But it fits the Wildflower perfectly! Not quite baby colours, but hey, since when was I conventional?


I've started a second one for her and am guessing the extra rows for the larger size. Eek!

I finally got the girl-child's prickly heat under control (lots of air-conditioning, aloe vera, oatmeal baths) only to have mosquitos bite her up. She has woken a few nights itching all over. It often takes us an hour to settle back down (on top of her usual 3-6 wakings a night). Why haven't I torn my hair out? It could be worse.

Emotionally.... things are stable at the moment. I am bracing myself for the next stage. But I have have reached a new, and better, place for myself.

What else? Oh yes, we took the nieces to Kotor. I lovely old town about 45mins from us. It included one throwing up baby (car sick), many photos (not by me because I forgot to take the camera), ice-cream (tiramisu flavour if you must know), too much heat (38C), and a ferry ride across the bay. It was a nice day. No, really.



And the highlight? SYTYCD. Woohooooooooo. Thanks to Lisa for reminding me. Had been waiting all week then due to general busyness had forgotten. I thought the search on youtube spoiled the results for me. What a shocker to actually hear who had won. Certainly not the best dancer, technically speaking. But a worthy winner. Anyway, I'm busy keeping an eye out for season 6 audition vids. I'm seriously addicted.

Oh, almost forgot. I've created a FaceBook account as HolisticMama. So look me up. I'm enjoying FB for sharing quick bits and bobs with others, and for keeping updated on their lives. Twitter has proven too disconnected for me.

If you haven't entered to take home my gift (baby carrier), then what yer waitin' fer? And don't forget to comment again on that post if you blog about it.

7 comments:

  1. Caterpillars are driving me crazy here. I know they are hungry but could they please eat something else other than my garden.

    Cute hat. And glad to hear the prickly heat is under control. Those mosquitoes can be annoying to say the least.

    I was happy Jeanine won, but Brandon was by far the best technical dancer. He gave me shivers... or were they quivers. Hum... anyway, sometimes being the best doesn't mean you are the favourite. She did well and was my favourite overall. I too am looking forward to next season, and I get an extra one with SYTYCD Canada. YAY!

    Glad you have come to a better place emotionally. Still thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr, caterpillars. Slugs are our nemesis. They ate my spearmint and all our young pepper seedlings when we went on holiday in June. :(

    PS Wanted to say congrats on 100 subscribers and it's not just because you blog and comment: it's because you write an interesting blog and you post worthwhile comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the caterpillars. We have never been troubled by them, but I can imagine the frustration.

    I love the hat! And the huge blue eyes under it!

    Now sorry to get all weird on you, but I wonder what the skin conditions are expressing about Wildflower's soul experience?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara , ooh, I might look up the Canadian one too! :D

    Oh wow CM, thank you for those kind words.

    Sarah - yeah, I know....

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the hat. The blue makes the Wildflower's eyes just jump out at you! As for the caterpillars and moquitos...us, too. And I just can't figure out how to get the little one from digging the bites into huge open wounds. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Amanda - hat makes those gorgeous big blue eyes really pop. :) Well done on maintaining emotional equilibrium; here's hoping August is a month of peace and tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful part of the world you have there...except for the heat and caterpillars! I have a similar hat I made for myself a few years back. It's too small but I wear it anyway because I just love the yarn.

    I just friended you on Facebook! :-)

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.