Wednesday, August 19

Thankful Anyway Thursday

It's easy to be thankful for the good stuff, can you be thankful for the not so good?
(as serious or light-hearted as you like)
read more here



The Dark Moon comes so I'm getting this in early.

I am in the calm of a storm. I feel peace, stillness after torment.
Yet I cannot deny the ever present storm. It swirls around me, menacing, unpredictable. How much damage will it cause? I feel heaviness in the pit of my gut.

Anger
Bitterness
More anger.

Not mine.

And the support that I stand on is fickle, creaking under my steps. Threatening to give way at any time.


image: big wallpapers

I am thankful anyway...

... for the calm when it's there.
... for the inner peace despite the external turmoil.
... for a chance to practice integrity, Love, acceptance.
... for the chance to rediscover again and again my own strength.
... because whatever support breaks under the weight of this, the Earth is there, overflowing with it's solid energy.
... as all storms pass.

Let me know (comment) if you've done your own Thankful Anyway and I'll add your link to this post. Grab the button up the top (right click & Save As) and a link back is always nice.

Stacy at Mama-Om

10 comments:

  1. All storms pass. So very true. And She will always be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a very good one for me too right now. i'm glad for you that you're able to feel calm in the midst of your turmoil. but of course i'm sorry you're having to endure it at all.

    i wish you peace~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and connected to that solid mother earth are all of us, ready to cradle you if you need it. Sending love.
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue to have that inner peace during these difficult times. Love to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has got to be the biggest one one has to encounter hasn't it? Strength indeed.
    I'll be re-visitng these posts again and again :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful...here's to continuing peace and finding calm during the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Mon. I love reading these.

    I've done my own this week...
    Thankful Anyway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sneaking in....

    May the ground beneath your feet and the wind in your hair, carry you through this time...you are a warrior soul -- and a mother at that...you ARE invincible...

    ~Dark Moon blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you continued strength and peace. And may the dark moon time nurture your body and spirit. And yes - the storm will pass. But now that it's here, I hope you find comfort and support, in the earth, in your courage, and in the love that surrounds you.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grabbed the button and put it in my last post. How do I link to you?
    May the peace reign. I believe as long the peace is inside of you, the anger around can't really hurt you. Sail on...

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.