Thursday, August 6

Thankful Anyway Thursday

It's easy to be thankful for the good stuff, can you be thankful for the not so good?
(as serious or light-hearted as you like)
read more here



Dream work is an important part of my (for want of better terminology) spirituality, or spiritual-type practice.

Although I also do trance work, dreams are the easiest, most natural, and readily available route to the subconscious, as well as the collective subconscious. I interpret them and I dream walk (often known as lucid dreaming).

Anyway, this post isn't about dream work, it's about having a whinge about something right?

Since becoming a mama I haven't done any dream work. Okay, a little interpretation here and there. Overall, having a baby that is the Worst Sleeper Ever, means that I am ripped out of dreams suddenly and must attend to her needs. Dreams are forgotten, I have no energy or focus to dream walk.... all that matters is SLEEP.

This is one among several aspects to my spiritual practice that I am missing greatly.



I'm thankful anyway for this because....

...not being able to do dream work is due to being a mama.
...having mostly interrupted and light sleep means, ironically, that I am dreaming more, and whilst I cannot work consciously with them, my mind is having the opportunity to process through many thoughts and emotions.
...I'm having to be creative about processing thoughts and emotions.
...I believe that some of my creativity stems from needing this outlet.

Let me know (comment) if you've done your own Thankful Anyway and I'll add your link to this post. Grab the button up the top (right click & Save As) and a link back is always nice.

Jessika Lives Here

12 comments:

  1. your weblog looks so beautiful on my new computer. I hope you get some deep sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I experienced something very similar when I had my little girl. Then as she got older (and yeah - I could sleep more deeply...heh) my dreams returned and I was able to do a bit more dream work.
    Then my dreams disappeared again when I got swallowed whole by a Big Dumb Job, and they left me for 2 whole years (more in fact). I feared that they would never return, even though I knew logically that was probably unlikely.

    And now they have returned again, and I am able to enter into them and remember them. I'm also feeling less verbal and less externally oriented as a result. So perhaps there's something in what you say about creativity needing another outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately, I've been dreaming constantly. Sometimes I'm having disturbing dreams that almost play out like a movie. My subconscious and I have been dancing in strange ways the past weeks. My rest is interrupted often too. I wish my subconscious would at least give me some pleasurable dreams:) I guess I'm overstressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a mama trumps so many things, doesn't it? I bet if/when you get pregnant again, you'll have plenty of dreams to remember with the hormone flow providing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HFW - bite your tongue!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has always been difficult for me to remember my dreams. I am in awe of those who can. I hope you can sleep better in the very near future. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you are thankful that it is mamahood that is curtailing your dreamlife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah...dreams. So many a conversation I have started with "I had a very strange dream last night..." and Phillip would say, "I'm not surprised..."

    But recently I had the most horrifying dream ever. I wish I could have it interpreted.

    That is an interesting thought about your creativity. I wonder how I would do with less sleep?? I get lots of sleep, but it's not always very restful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so hear you on the lack of deep sleep, and that whole having-to-be-functioning-right-from-waking thing that having tiny people around brings. But as you say, being a mama - what a reward. :)

    Do you ever get chance to, say, jot things down in a (physical) journal, so you could come back to them later?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great site you have here. I have a paranormal blog myself and I would like to exchange links with you. You can contact me through either email or simply a comment on my site. Let me know if this is possible. Jason

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mon - This is fascinating to me. I have never been a dreamer and it doesn't seem to be part of my intuitive toolset or make-up. I know the Carlos Castenada books (some of which have ALOT on lucid dreaming) says people are either 'dreamers' or 'stalkers' in the way they approach intuitive knowledge, so this is really interesting.
    I hope you do get sleep some day - for your well-being, but also because I would love to have you post more on this work that you do. In the meantime, I love this idea that not having that outlet is actually making you more creative in your daily life...
    On another note, I hope you are able to see all the dances from this week's So You Think You Can Dance finale and results show. I thought they were all fantastic. My season-long favorite won (won't tell you in case you want it to be a surprise), and did a fabulous solo. - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the concept behind this post. I'm thankful for some crazy makers in my life that pushed me this week to get out of the house early. As a result I have been doing yoga on the beach every morning.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.