Sunday, August 9

la vie bohème... mine anyway

my personal bohemianism.... because a friend asked...

late, late nights
notebooks
strewn craft supplies
white-washed antiques
low income
red wine
telling it like it is
imperfection
flea markets
strong liqueurs
making friends with random strangers
jazz
weedy ciggies
crazy conversations
flexible boundaries
charismatic cafes/bars
sharing mead from a horn and secrets
inappropriateness
writing poems on throw-away napkins
thrift stores
Murger
going against social flow
mystical tattoos
working to live
dancing round bonfires to drumming
wooden trinkets
not sending birthday cards
kaftans
embracing insomnia
passion
sitting on cushions on floor to eat
coffee
relaxed appearance
personal morality
writing/crafting/creating upon waking at 3am
hemp jewellry
introspection
French novelists


painting: Irena Jablonski

expressing yourself
dancing with abandon
experimentation
using your last $5 to buy a book
authenticity
discussing art/life on park benches
imagination
funky hats
the dark side
alternative cinemas
old candles
Jack Kerouac
truth
forgetting to make dinner/clean house due to passionate activity
scarves
being free from Time
travelling 'out of the way'
gypsy skirts
sitting on rooftops
'exotic' teas
old typewriters
barefoot
not making lists
subversive
henna
leaving it to the last minute
long fabrics hanging everywhere
tousled hair
swimming naked
hitchhiking
incense
letting go


23 comments:

  1. I like this very much Mon. What a beautiful encapsulation. I must give it a try though I can't imagine my list will be as beautiful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh yessss! Everything, everything on that list please! Except for hitchhiking...(don't mind me - personal paranoia and too many Australian horror movies - hehe).

    Anyway. Love it. Let's do it ALL sometime soon shall we? I mean, hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    A lovely reminder to live truly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely!!
    Just reading this list makes me feel a bit like putting on one of my Gypsy skirts and dancing around in the rain... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, please!!

    I can really, REALLY get the forgetting the housework/cooking and spending my last $5 on a book...:) And the low income and working to live....YES!!!

    A manifesto for Life lived Well....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely list. I am there with you on most of this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Books, wine, hats, coffee...and so much more. The lush life!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have fallen deep in love with your list! Most of it anyway. Maybe I will write one too, although I doubt it would be as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, yes!! All of that and more :) except I have yet to read Jack Kerouac but I'm sure I'd be into him, esp. as he is an influence for Haruki Murakami and Tom Waits who I looove...
    What a fun list this is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mon! Thanks so much for coming to my blog! You have an amazing space here! I absolutely love your blog, I am glad you found me!

    Thanks for your comment, I am really struggling with finding that peace, but between yoga, meditation and some trusted bach flowers I am holding my own - so far! LOL

    I've got my "follow" links up now, thanks for the tip!

    Bret

    ReplyDelete
  11. *beautiful*
    you have intrigued me to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post....especially "embracing insomnia" because it is 4:30 AM here and I'm reading your post. he he he
    Cheers to Bohemia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome This Guy, Garden Mama, and Sand and Sky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I think you and I would be grand friends ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it...have to admit based on this list I am quickly losing some of my prior bohemian creds...becoming a bit too bourgeois...a mini-van with 3 car seats will definitely do that to you...but i actually have several mystical tattoos and regularly forget to clean my house due to passionate activity, so perhaps I make up for it there:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your list, Mon! It's been a while since I've been by to visit...good to see what you're up to. Wildflower is getting big!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE IT!!!! Last $5 on a book, that's great and have done it as well.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are so simpatico, friend!!

    I would attempt to make my own list, but it would share just too many of yours to look original! haha!

    And, a big ole, Mhmmm to Jack Kerouac, gypsy skirts, and thrifting. Makes my life gooood.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome job! Great imagery. I enjoyed reading this very much:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderfully inspiring, thought provoking post!

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.