Thursday, June 25

Thankful Anyway Thursday

It's easy to be thankful for the good stuff, can you be thankful for the not so good?
(as serious or light-hearted as you like)




Crumble, crumble, shift and crumble.
I stand amongst the rubble, looking for anything intact.
At the bottom of the pile.

pic: Ellygator at deviantart


I am thankful anyway because...

"At the bottom is the best soil to sow and grow something new again. In that sense, hitting bottom, while extremely painful, is also the sowing ground"
Women Who Run With the Wolves, Clarissa Pinkola Estes

I'm not sowing yet, but my toes are in the soil... feeling....re-connecting...

Let me know (comment) if you've done your own Thankful Anyway and I'll add your link to this post. Grab the button up the top (right click & Save As) and a link back is always nice.

The Tired Mommy Blogspot
Earthenwitch
From Clutter to Shine
My Sacred Home
My World Edenwild

11 comments:

  1. We are now taking part in Thankful any way thursday xx what a lovely idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined in this week.

    Glad to see you back, and hope things are back to swinging, at least gently, in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing the Tower there. I always think that is a positive card, because although the overturning it represents is painful, that is often necessary for abundant healthy regrowth.

    And anyone who quotes Clarissa is a person I consider a friend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also often oddly grateful for the Tower - my cheeky deck delights in reminding me of what I have already, subconsciously, realized....

    I threw together a post today...

    http://cluttertoshine.blogspot.com/2009/06/thankful-anyway-thursday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. SwedishJenn25 June, 2009

    Oh Mon. Sounds like an earth-shattering experience. Your words seem like you are looking at the cup half full and that's a wonderful progression away from a big, stinky pile of poo. Keep digging and sifting and climbing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea. will start thinking for next week perhaps. in the meantime thought you'd like this quote I'm using it all the time now:

    "Never waste a crisis."
    Kellee Sikes of Missouri in an interview with the New York Times about the current economy and learning to be frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any deep thought to add, but I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

    These Thankful Anyway Thursdays are wonderful and when I get brave enough (they are a bit scary for me - they feel so open), I would like to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm holding you in my thoughts, Mon.

    Actually, I've just re-read The Spell of the Sensuous by David Abram (and found myself thinking of you and your love of the earth and the word). It's kindof a heady and earth between the toes kinda book. I think you might like it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you're at the bottom, the only way is up. Hope you'll soon feel ready to sow.

    Mine's up now btw.
    http://mysacredhome.blogspot.com/2009/06/thankful-anyway-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you a lot lately. You will be sowing soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful interpretation~ i am thinking about you and wishing you and your family well, mon.

    ((warm hug))

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.