Wednesday, May 13

Thankful Anyway Thursday

It's easy to be thankful for the good stuff, can you be thankful for the not so good?
(as serious or light-hearted as you like)



Last Saturday DIY Dad thoughtfully 'phoned me asking if I wanted to go up to the land. Yeah I did! He even remembered why I had mentioned it during the week (no mean feat for Mr Goldfish). He said, 'you can come and pick those dandelions'.

I gleefully (ok, I don't do glee, but let's just say the emotion was on par with most people's gleefulness) got myself and the Wildflower ready and awaited my chariot.

I had visions of dandelion tincture, or dried flowers for salves. Oh my, how I wanted to get some wise woman potions and lotions started!

The sea of white you see are the dandelions that greeted me. Yes, white. They had gone to seed. Obviously DIY Dad is not a weed man.
And any yellow you spot there are not dandelions. No, they are another weed. An edible weed. It tastes like celery. There is only one vegetable I dislike......
uh-ha...



I'm thankful anyway because I got a chance to be with the land.
I'm thankful anyway because it was beautiful weather, and not too hot, to be outside in greeness.
I'm thankful anyway because I have a husband with moments of thoughtfulness.
I'm thankful anyway because the Wildflower had her first sight of a blown dandelion, and I was gifted with a delighted baby who asked for more and more.

Let me know (comment) if you've done your own Thankful Anyway and I'll add your link to this post. Grab the button up the top (right click & Save As) and a link back is always nice.

Stacy (Mama-om)
Jumbleberry Jam

9 comments:

  1. heehee, I loathe celery, too :-). sorry to see that is all that was left for you this time, but might there be more yet this season (especially after Wildflower's fun with the seeds)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big celery fan either. Goes back to daycare when I was about 3 or 4 and they made me eat it. Bad memories. Love this post. Love that you used the words 'wise woman potions and lotions'... that just made me happy. And there is nothing better than blown dandelion. Especially to little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer, wishing you many more fields of
    happy yellow dandelions!
    (we've got plenty in our very natural yard..if you want a road trip..lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. That's disappointing. But I can think of another positive in there - think how many more dandelions there will be with all those going to seed! There'll be an ocean of dandies! Waahey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still Wednesday here, but I plan to write mine tomorrow.

    Sorry about the dandelions! I've always wanted to try to do something with dandelions, but I didn't get my chance either, as hubby killed them all and now we have ugly brown spots all over our lawn. Ah, well, maybe next year.

    Beautiful picture, btw. I LOVE that rock wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice... my kids love blowing and waving the stems. I remember so clearly doing the same.

    I've written my post -- it's here: http://www.todayiamgratefulfor.com/2009/05/may-13-2009.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our garden is full of seeded dandelions too. We call them Mr Time. We pick them and see how many times it takes to blow off all the seeds into the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I invite you to join the 100 Lifestyle Changes Challenge..come see my list and join the fun..Take the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.