Sunday, May 31

May in Review

Your reader's may have missed out on some content this month, or you have new or occassional readers. Consider a Month in Review post. I know I can't keep up with all the wonderful blogs out there. Just copy & paste the headings below and add your responses.
The idea of 1 sentence is so that readers can quickly catch up with you and read other bloggers' reviews.
Feel free to do your own review.

Here's a tip, set a post up in draft form and add to it throughout the month before you forget by the end of the month!

May in Review, in 1 sentence.

Summary (3 sentence max)
This month has centred on the Wildflower's eating and walking and our finances. I've found more reading time *there was much rejoicing*. I've also managed to do a tiny bit of gardening, and the heat is rising already hitting 30C a few days.

Fun
Wildflower's jabbering is a constant hilarity and my yoga attempts are worth a snigger.

Challenging
Pondering and making decisions, or trying to, about getting ourselves back on track financially.

Thoughtful
A friend passing away (back in UK) reminding us that life is too short to spend it unhappy and where you would rather not be.

An insight/thought
That the Wildflower will grow up knowing that she's loved.

Website/blog Find/Tip or Idea from web
Lisa at Mommy Mystic's mp3 meditations are very groovy. Gave me a wonderful boost after a sleepless night.

Words (quote/reading/book recommendation/1 sentence review!/anything word-related)
Wildflower imitating with bugger bugger. Oops.

Note to Self
You CAN survive whining.

Slice of home (A photo of a tiny corner of your home, or objects, that represent something about this month)

The seedling babies.


Let me know you've done one and I'll add your link to this post.


Carin at My Sacred Home
Sarah at Knitting the Wind
Lisa at Mommy Mystic
Stacy at Mama-Om
Cave Mother
Akemi at Yes to Me
Lisa at My World Edenwild
Alexis at Taking the Lid Off the Sun
Docwitch at Dark Side of the Broom
Three Girl Pileup

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend passing away. Great thoughts about not being unhappy in your own life.

    Laughing my head off at Wildflower going bugger!

    Lovely seedlings :)

    My month in review is up too:
    http://mysacredhome.blogspot.com/2009/05/may-in-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're also working on finances this month. cutting back, trying to simplify. so important!

    and i'm so sorry to hear about your friend. life is so short and i agree it's important to remember to cherish those in our lives and live fully, as well as to honor those who have gone before us.

    ((hugs to you))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

    Although I read all your posts as they come in, it was great seeing this review also, as it contained some gems (bugger!) I'd not seen before.

    I did one too. http://knittingthewind.blogspot.com/2009/05/1st-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mon, here's my month in review: http://mommymystic.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/may-review/

    As usual, brevity was not a challenge I rose to.

    So funny about the 'bugger bugger' thing...I have to admit, mine have heard and repeated much worse...it's taken me four years to get myself (mostly) G-rated

    Glad you liked the mp3s - as I think I mentioned to you, lots of kundalini/chakra masters in the East claim they never sleep, so this might be just your ticket!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and so sorry about your friend, meant to put that first:-( it does makes you stop and think, doesn't it

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's actually a big month Mon - in between the child antics, reading and gardening, that quite some Big Stuff going on for you.

    I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. These losses can certainly refocus us in terms of life values.

    Seedlings look promising - wotcha got growing there then?

    On the Wildflower's use of "bugger, bugger": just wait until she says to you, "don't use rude words mama" as my girl does. I get thoroughly policed these days.

    (I'll get my review up when I'm a bit better).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Predictably, I have done May in Review as well. It's such a good idea! It is here: http://cavemother.blogspot.com/2009/06/may-in-review.html.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I thought you noticed by the incoming link, but well, here is my May review:
    http://yes-to-me.com/2009/05/31/online-gratitude-journal-my-birthday-month-edition-29/

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mon,
    I, too, am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

    *
    I've done a review too... it's morning here :)

    http://mama-om.blogspot.com/2009/06/remember-last-month-it-was-oh-so-long.html

    Blessings to you and the baby seedlings,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got my May in Review up!

    http://edenwild.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/may-in-review/

    Hurray for more reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mon,
    Great idea! My review is up at http://takingthelidoffthesun.com/2009/06/01/may-in-review/

    I loved reading everyone's reviews. Thanks for creating such a lovely community!
    Cheers!
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  12. My month in review is up now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the idea! I posted a review on my blog: http://threegirlpileup.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/may-in-review/

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.