Friday, May 1

April in Review

Think your reader's may have missed out on some great content this month, or you have new or occassional readers? Consider a Month in Review post. I know I can't keep up with all the wonderful blogs out there. Just copy & paste the headings below and add your responses.

Feel free to add yourself as I would love to read every reader's reviews. Please link directly to your post NOT your website. Linky closes May 7th. And visit each other!

Here's a tip, set a post up in draft form and add to it throughout the month before you forget by the end of the month!

April in Review , in 1 sentence.

Summary (3 sentence max)
A month of stagnantion and wonderment. While I'm feeling in limbo in a small apartment instead of being up at the land as nature erupts into Spring around me, the Wildflower has delighted us with her little self developing in leaps and bounds.

Fun
Wildflower's birthday party.

Challenging
Being away fom the land.

Thoughtful
Understanding that fussiness is a pre-tiredness behaviour, not a readiness for sleep.

An insight/thought
That my Thankful Anyway posts are helping to keep me on the Acceptance track.

Website/blog Find
Not a find exactly, as these are friends of ours who are also expats in Montenegro, starting a naturist's resort, living/building/growing green, and battling many challenges at Club Full Monte.

Words (quote/reading/book recommendation/1 sentence review!/anything word-related)
got nothing this month! oops

Note to Self
Feed the emptiness so that growth stems from stillness rather than stagnation.

Favourite Tip/Idea from web
I'm an anti-list maker but for those that like them... never forget a To-Do again: Remember the Milk

Slice of home (A photo of a tiny corner of your home, or objects, that represent something about this month)

Even tiny pots of soil are found by babies.



Please link directly to your post NOT your website. Linky closes May 7th.



7 comments:

  1. Will definitely show The Bloke Remember the Milk, he's a big list maker. I've been trying to write to-do lists lately, but I'm not so good at them. For a start, I forget to look at them. Or I rebel against them.

    And I must get 'round to doing my review. How is it that time again...already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm...half my comment got eated then. *Blink, blink*.

    I also wanted to say that your note to self really appeals to me and I will try and remember that one for myself.

    And...
    I do understand how difficult it is to be away from the land. Especially now that Spring is bringing all that life and creative energy forth. I hope you able to at least find a patch of good, warm earth to sink your hands into. To feel connected to that part of you that's so vital.

    Oh and I had a chuckle at that pic of the Wildflower. Babies are complete soil, mud and sand magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice review and I will copy your idea this month. I didn't realise you lived in Montenegro - it must be quite an experience. Your comment about the new naturist resort reminds me of my one naked bathing experience in Croatia. It was the last day of our holiday and we so wished we had done it every day! Swimming naked in the sea is so wonderful, therapeutic, calming and exciting all at the same time. I am so jealous that you will be able to do that whenever you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a list maker, but part of the joy is the dozens of little scraps of paper with partial lists filling my purse, so I am not ready for Iphone apps to manage it just yet...
    Love the pic, as Docwitch said, babies are dirt magnets! We bought ours a sandbox for the backyard in hopes that would somewhat quench this impulse, but instead they snuck buckets of sand into the bathtub one day while I was distracted (hopefully NOT online) in order to make it 'more like a lake when we take a bath' **sigh** Confirmed that your average home plumbing does not handle sand well...
    My own April in Review will be a bit delayed due to my current 2nd chakra obsession...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted my review today and added the link here - thanks for providing this Holistic Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting review. Really like the thought behind note to self. And the picture of the Wildflower is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I saw you at Lisa's blog.
    I like the format of this monthly review and considering using it in my monthly gratitude posts. Question-- do I have to add my personal photo?

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.