Thursday, March 26

Thankful Anyway Thursday

It's easy to be thankful for the good stuff, can you be thankful for the not so good?

The house build's hopeful finish date is pushed back 6 months. SIX MONTHS! Without the cash, DIY Dad is doing almost everything now. This makes the process very slow.

It means having to stay here - surrounded by building work that wakes us up before we are ready and we hear throughout the whole day, leaks under the wooden floors that have lifted them to the point we've had to remove the doors to two rooms, the neighbours upstairs arriving from Australia in a couple of months who are total pains in the seating area, a damp apartment that will turn into a hothouse come the summer, a small place with a baby that will start walking soon, no time to sort the garden up there and sow everything I had planned to sow, having to live with most of our things still in boxes now for our 2nd year.....

a path from our land

But I'm thankful for this anyway because we have a roof over our heads, a beautiful house in the making, we get to visit friends a lot easier while we are down here, I have easier access to shops and the seaside, and a small apartment is very easy to clean.

Join in if you want to play.

8 comments:

  1. Funny, I did my thankful Thursday all about my precious one year old -- who is emotionally challenging me right now! I love every ounce of him BUT we are working on adjusting to the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Mon :) My 8 month old just recently became mobile and I'm not ready for that at all! oh- I was a little ram, too...but I was also a first born/people pleaser, so that kinda counteracts the typical Aries description :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, magical little path you have there.

    Great way of turning around what could be a stressful and very frustrating situation. The six months will fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, it's a matter of perspective, right? A good attitude makes life a little easier to swallow when it hands you lemons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That path is just beautiful!

    Great going on spinning the situation around for the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I empathise, although I have just a tiny taste of the bitter soup you are drinking. I was promised "just six months" when we moved to this tiny summer-hell cottage, and now it's turning into "just another six months" - and you know what that means. I hang on in there because the light at the end of the tunnel is something out of my dreams, but I'm rapidly losing hope it will ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a good way to flip a frustrating situation. And who knows how things may turn out...at some unseen future point it may become clear that waiting another six months was for the best...

    Also, I can see you very, very clearly working happily away in your herb garden. It's such a strong image, and it will be beautiful and draw people there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh building is not easy or quick is it.....
    that path looks so inviting and you know the end is worth all the testing....what a journey you are on!

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.