Thursday, March 19

Thankful Anyway Thursday

Yeah, I've seen them all, the gratitude posts for the family, the kids, the roof over the head. Too easy! Be thankful for the crap, I dare ya.

I'm thankful anyway for....

When the Wildflower settling down to sleep head-butts me repeatedly, kicks me in the stomach and chest, digs a knee into my throat, pokes me in the eye, made me cut my lip, pulls my hair, I often wake with feet in my face, and after appearing asleep for a few minutes turns suddenly and slaps me in the face.


I'm thankful for this anyway because it means we share the bed and I get to cuddle her for even more hours of the day. I open my eyes and there she is, I can close them again knowing she is safe and well. She reaches out for me during the night and I feel loved and needed. In the morning she cuddles me and showers me with smiles. I love bedsharing with her, it's very groovy.

11 comments:

  1. I just love this post. What positive and happy words about co-sleeping. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! and here i thought i was the only mama in the universe who was grateful for the nightly sleepytime beatings.

    love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes. I also love the 'thwack!' of a fast asleep six-year-old's arm in your face after she's crawled into our bed in the early morning. Can do some damage, that one. But the snuggles and nuzzles are pretty amazing.

    Check out those wee toes! Like little peas in a pod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bumps and bruises in exchange for extra cuddles --- yeah! As we have four children in our bed right now -- it can be interesting! But I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... I still get those hits and kicks. But from a five year old now. He usually crawls in around 3am and definitely makes his presence known. But how wonderful to wake a few hours later to a warm little boy snuggled next to me. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, totally with you on that one. We've had quite a few of those lately since our LO has a lot of night mares at the mo.

    At the mo I'm also thankful for the lovely big bruised teeth marks I have on my arm after a play fight since she has all her teeth and they're strong (ouch!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a mother whose child is now "too old and dignified" to sleep in my bed, I can say honestly I feel those beatings are a tiny price to pay for the joy of closeness to one's child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee, hee. Michael has started doing this recently. I'll take any beating as long as he is asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you made me giggle....yes....I love that snuggliness and also the *crap* because once they are asleep they look just like golden angels regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic post! We too are a co-sleeping family, the 7yo too sometimes. Just knowing they are safe and sound any time in the night and the cuddles are worth all the little kicks and slaps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, wonderful. i have the same experience. the other night i was sure her heel in my eye was going to give me a black eye :)

    mine for today is that i am thankful for the fits she's starting to throw because i'm glad she is expressing her voice and independence. two things i want to encourage, preserve and treasure in her. thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.