Monday, March 16

Green Meme #3



Guidelines:

1) Link to Green Meme Bloggers.
2) Link back to whoever tagged you. (no need to wait to be tagged!)
3) Include meme number
4) Include these guidelines in your post
5) Tag 3 other green bloggers.

Green Meme #3

  1. Are you keeping your temperature (heating/cooling) systems on low? If you have radiators are they fitted with thermostats?

    I keep them low but ensuring it's warm enough for the baby. Our current rads have thermostat control.
  2. If yes to the above, what do you to keep warm/cool without resorting to turning up those numbers?

    We wear a couple layers indoors in the Winter. Try to maintain air-flow in the Summer and shut blinds/shutters/etc.
  3. Do you turn your fridge temperature down when it has less items in it?

    Always. Towards the end of the shopping week the fridge begins to empty and I am reminded to turn it down by how super cold are some items.
  4. Do you unplug unused small appliances?

    DIY Dad is good at this. I forget. But we don't have that many. I'm not sure how to remind myself.
  5. Do you switch off rather than leave on standby; TV/computer/dvd player/etc?

    Yes to computer and the dvd player, but the TV gets fully unplugged on occassion.
  6. Do you own (or will you purchase in the future) energy-efficient (star-rated) home appliances?

    Yes and yes. I always seek these out.
  7. Do you have any green goals/hopes for the next few months?

    As it's sowing season up here in the North, I'll be looking for anything organic and eco for gardening. I also keep searching for more affordable eco-yarn.


Tagging Carin and Tara and whoever wants to be tagged and join in!

2 comments:

  1. I love that green meme button.

    We only rarely use our little heater in winter. We prefer blankets, slippers, cardigans, etc. I have even been known to wear woolly gloves indoors rather than turn on a heater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually never thought about turning the temp down on the fridge. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.