Sunday, February 1

January in Review

Think your reader's may have missed out on some great content this month, or they don't visit often, or you have new readers? Consider a Month in Review post. I know I can't keep up with all the wonderful blogs out there, I would hate to have missed anything significant or interesting in their lives. Just copy & paste the headings below and add your responses.

Feel free to add yourself as I would love to read every reader's reviews. Please link directly to your post NOT your website. Linky closes Feb 7th. And visit each other!

Here's a tip, set a post up in draft form and add to it throughout the month before you forget by the end of the month!

January in Review , in 1 sentence.

Summary (3 sentence max)
A strange month that has focused on the home. Our rented apartment (falling apart), the new house build (a mixed bag of going well and an electrical mini-disaster), and events back 'home' (DIY Dad's father having a heartattack and having to wait, wait, wait for news, but doing fine now).

Fun
Having spontaneous dinners with lots of cake with nearby friends.

Challenging
Saddened at the lack of cause and effect with my parenting and Wildflower's behaviour.

Thoughtful
At a time when the 'home' is highlighted and we are working towards permanency, there is much talk of travelling extensively, and wondering where all the rest fits in.

An insight/thought
That relationships are a seperate dynamic to you and me.

Website/blog Find
Earth art

Words (quote/reading/book recommendation/1 sentence review!/anything word-related)
Friend asking me, "Do dwarves exist?" *blink*

Note to Self
I am not responsible for all dynamics.

Favourite Tip/Idea from web
Natural toy, playmais, (international). Hat tip to Little Slices of Green.

Slice of home (A photo of a tiny corner of your home, or objects, that represent something about this month)

Books passed along to the Wildflower by expat mums (thanks SwedishJenn and Maja!).

Photobucket



Please link directly to your post NOT your website. Linky closes Feb 7th.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Mon. Sounds like an intriguing month. I have posted a link to my Jan review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, of course - it's that time again isn't it? I'll do this too.

    Quite a month you've had there.

    Those books for the Wildflower look great!

    And I too am blinking at the comment about dwarves. Maybe your friend will now go looking for Narnia in the wardrobe. (Sorry if that's a bit rude of me, but...my word).

    Very much with you on the tension between stoking the home fires and wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect time to do this! J and Daddy are off to a birthday party and I'm here all alone.

    I love all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decided to try this too...not sure my blog is such a great fit with this, but I had fun doing it! I appreciate that you are such a community builder with your blog...I think I am too anti-social for that, but working on it:-)

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.