- In the interest of simplifying and mental decluttering, I minimised my FeedReader from 211 feeds to 129.
There's only so many hours in the day, and I want to read blogs that, along with those of the daily lives of bloggers like myself, add something to my life rather than just add more reading. Treehugger is a superb site but at 20+ posts every other day....yikes.
- Knitting is giving me a lot of inner quiet that 'net surfing and reading and even cooking can't do. But it's still fraught with some stress and it's too adrenalin-producing still!
- The Wildflower and I seem to have a new night rythm. I have started taking her to bed awake, but when I can see she's ready. That's about midnight recently. She has a feed then we lay together. I don't speak but might whisper a lullaby if she seems she's winding up rather than down. The lights are off. First night it took her 1.5hrs to sleep (gawd) but last night it was 10minutes. And, and, AND, she slept a solid 3hrs before waking. Might seem nothing to most, but to me it's pure luxury. Possibly more important is that she isn't so restless in the mornings either. That's what has always made me feel bad for her, that restless sleep.
I don't know whether this improvement is just her as she's growing up, or also a combination of going to bed like this. I figured that for her sake, she could do with learning that laying down in bed when it's dark is okay to fall asleep. I have always rocked/walked her to sleep because nothing else would settle her down. Learning to fall asleep laying down will hopefully mean that when she wakes during the night she is secure in what laying there means.
- DIY Dad's father (deda) is doing okay. He's out of hospital today and apparently on medication for 6 months.
- Work on the house has slowed down because we've run out of local stone. It's going to be awkward finding similar stuff, in our price range. Otherwise, things have been moving foward at a steady pace.
- Wildflower hit 9 mths and my baby is growing up! :( Still not on solids. Still not crawling. Sharp as a tack though.
- We got a bunch of books from expat friends, whose kids have outgrown them, for the Wildflower as well as some for mama. Ah, free unexpected books..... bliss
- DIY Dad keeps talking about an extended travel through Cuba...
- I've perfected my blueberry muffin recipe.
- One expat friend has left and although we'll keep in touch through the space of cyber, I'm going to miss our phonecalls.
- Our purse strings are tighter than ever. The exhange rate 'twixt pound and euro is almost level. We had 30% more when we first moved here.
- We're all happy and healthy, if tired.