Friday, January 9

self-realisation during mummyhood (or how I found myself in a ball of yarn)

Yesterday, I was quietly doing messy things with yarn knitting, and I suddenly realised that I was there....


.....me.


I hadn't disappeared at all.


It appears that I was simply on vacation in a land of surgery recovery, diaper changes, laundry, sleeplessness, comforting, the coming of teeth, sterilising, worrying over, doctor visits, tidying up after, looking up of information for, attending to, lullabies, blogging about, purchasing for, talking about, unidentified cries, rashes, vague discomforts, checking of breathing, bath times, and being entertainer, for baby.

But there I was, still here. Coming up to the surface again, after just over 8 months.


Huh, how about that....... hi Me.


11 comments:

  1. :) Well. Congratulations. It's funny how it happens in the quiet and ordinary.
    Well met, then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there is hope to resurface? Congrats to you, in the last thirteen years I have moments like this BUT they have not lasted long! I am not complaining, just stating! Sometimes I wonder if and when the time comes that I am not consumed in parenting -- what the heck will I do with myself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found yourself there Mon. And I hope it happens more often for you... I'm sure it will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there! I think most of us moms can relate.

    I hope you're loving the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know exactly what you mean, and 8 months is pretty good going! I'm only just resurfacing after 2 and half years... :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still get peeks after almost 6 years now. Not constant, but in meandering, suprising, hushed, loud, insightful, peaceful, alone, under a pile of kids, walking, sitting, sleeping...moments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes indeedy, I remember feeling that very thing when my baby was 7 months old, (it is exactly a kind of 'resurfacing' isn't it?).

    Knitting is a good thing is it not? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. knitting, and mommying as well for that matter, is so zen.

    hello you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Me" tends to get put on the shelf for those first months. Welcome back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone (for the first time!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well hello, and welcome back! Hope you find more of the same in the future.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.