Friday, January 2

anti-resolutions

I wasn't ever going to bother with blogging about resolutions. Afterall, I've never made any. I've always held a high suspicion for resolves made in a mad dash to a calender timescale. Now, that's not to say if you've made them I'm not cheering you on. But, how many people, including ourselves, do we know that make then break them? That almost seems part of the tradition. Like, if you actually follow them, you're a traitor to the rest of us. *chuckle*

I do suspect that unkept resolutions are the result of quick-fix ideas, rather than getting to the root of the issue.

Anyway, I was pondering not making resolutions and thinking that what has been on my mind lately were things I wasn't going to do. So here's my list;
  1. I won't try to lose weight. If weight is lost by chance, I will wish it well on it's journey and continue focusing on loving myself just as I am.
  2. I won't try to sleep more. If sleep drops in for a visit, I'll thank it and ask that it won't be a stranger.
  3. I won't try to eat healthier. I'll continue to be conscious of my eating and food choices.
  4. I won't try to love people more. I'll continue to let emotions flow freely and allow the natural unfolding and opening of a true heart.
  5. I won't try to do more exercise. I will continue to embrace being outdoors in nature for the love of that connection.
  6. I won't try to be a great mother. I will continue to be present in each and every moment with my baby.
Join me in the anarchy.

18 comments:

  1. yes,yes,and yes!
    namaste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say "Hey", and that I've been stopping by lately. :)
    Joy to you.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the anarchy Mon ;o) And I completely agree that many resolutions are for the quick fix. I know I have done that in the past and they never work. In fact, most times in the past, I have made the resolution as the clock struck midnight and never thought of it again. I especially love your #4 as that was one I was focusing on too. I mean... not focusing on. Yeah! All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anarchy for the new year—yes! My only [sort of] resolution is to just be here in my life, and see what happens . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you for the most part. New Year's Resolutions do seem artificially motivated. I wonder if people would stick with their resolutions more if the New Year was in spring, when everything wakes up? This year I really felt like I'd fallen asleep (I needed to). Springtime or not, now I need to wake up. So, resolutions are my medium to wake up a little bit. Resolutions or not, I really enjoy your list of intentions, Mon. Yay, conscious anarchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, and as the great Jedi Master Yoda says, "There is no try, only do." :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it ... :0)

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great one! I'm totally with you on this one. Changes, if needed to be made, are always best made when the time is right for you, not the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, honey. I am SO on board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I raise a toast to anarchy! I never bother with resolutions either. I can't help but chuckle a little on January 1st when I suddenly see a whole new swag of miserable looking joggers running around the park outside our house. It makes me feel like offering them an armchair, some wine, and a nice cheese. A week later they're all gone again.

    Love your anti-resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I have quite a bit of the anarchist in me. Or just not being able to do anything anyone else tells me to do. Maybe that includes myself. Hence, no "resolutions" so to speak. How dare I tell myself what to do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally got round to doing your month-in-review for December - really good idea, by the way, and I like the concept of anti-resolutions muchly too. The anarchy! the anarchy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. agreed, agreed, agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The way you wrote these anti-resolutions sounds to me very much like the concept of active receptivity: you're not trying to do anything, but you are being conscious in an active manner so that you are receptive to what may come. A good way to be!

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.