Saturday, December 6

exercising with baby

I would like to lose a few pounds, okay, several if you must know. I don't know about you, but the cold dark days make me want to hibernate and curl up with a book (or my laptop). The lack of exercise has begun to, ahem, show. So with a friend's own goals recently shared, I decided to add exercising at home, along with maybe less cake.

Now, I'm not an exercise person at all, but I enjoy dancing. Sooooo, I put on the cd player and did squats and made-up stretches with the Wildflower in my arms, much to her delight. Then whilst she was in her bouncy swing, I danced around like a loon. We managed 45 minutes like this, great! Although she wasn't too impressed with all my moves, and the poor child had to put up with my music choice that happened to be 80's flashbacks.

A great way to get fit, lose weight, get some endorphins pumping for happy chemicals, and entertain a baby.

The Reportoire.

Stretch those saggy relaxed muscles.



Get the blood moving.

video deleted - Duran Duran The Reflex

Sweat IT!





Slow it down.





Bring it on home.





And streeeeeeeetch and relaaaaaaax.

video deleted - Spandau Ballet 'True'

3 comments:

  1. He he. Talk about a flashback! I still think John Taylor was totally gorgeous. ;P

    We dance around a lot and get silly to get the blood and muscles moving...the boys LOVE Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, Soul Coughing, G Love, George Clinton and the PFunk Allstars, and MANY more for the fast crazy dancing fun. It works for both fitness and mood, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! It's bringing it all back for me!

    I'm with you as far as exercise goes. For me it's dancing or yoga. The idea of a treadmill going nowhere is a supreme and unique form of torture. Keep on boogying Holistic Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, I ought to tell you that John Taylor is mine. Sorry, them's the breaks.

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.