Sunday, November 2

The Global Dance

Last night was bad. bad. bad.

The amount of sleep, or naps to be truly accurate, was porbably no worse than the hell of the past month. But what made it B A D, was that I felt I was going to lose it. I just don't know how much a person can take. I know we keep on going, us parents, because we have to for our babies. But the mind is hanging together by threads. I blog, because it keeps me sane.

But then I came across this following video and it made me smile in an otherwise very murky, blurry, tearful day.

It's silly, then funny, and then, somehow, touching. The globetrotter in me appreciated it, and the sentimental optimist in me needed it. What with all the bad and sad news about what we're doing to one another and the planet, sometimes we need reminders that there is still plenty of love and fun around. And that we are all essentially the same.

14 months in the making, 42 countries, and a cast of thousands.


Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo


5 comments:

  1. *Hands Mon a big cup of tea and a cosy, comforting quilt to wrap up and rest in*.

    Sorry to hear about your bad night not sleeping. I really do feel your pain. When my daughter was a baby there were times I thought I was going to put my head through a wall through sheer crazy-exhaustion. I felt I was literally going insane.

    Some days I wondered how it was possible to stand up and stay conscious for even minutes at a time.
    I do hope it gets better for you. Even one night's decent sleep punctuating the seeming endless sleepless nights can make a huge difference.

    I used to fantasise about a village of mothers taking turns to nap for an hour or two whilst the other women took over the childcare.

    Saw Matt interviewed a few weeks ago here, and I do love that video. It's such a wonderfully simple concept and it really is very moving. I'm drawn to anything that emphasises the interconnectedness of humanity.
    Geez has it made me restless to go travelling again though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gladly accepts quilt but declines tea in favour of a coffee with a slice of that chocciecake Doc recently made with her wee one*

    Thanx chook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello -- another new reader with empathy for exhaustion and smiles for crazy-dancing video. I stumbled on that a few months ago and I still smile to think of it.

    (found you via the Continuum Concept ring...)

    Blessings,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Stacy. As someone interested (?) in CC, the video is a great reminder of the global tribe isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.