Saturday, October 25

Melt-in-My-Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies

Yes, that's right, it's melt in my mouth, I ain't sharing.

WARNING: experimental hit-n-miss baker alert

These are my all-time favourite peanut butter cookies (or biscuit as we say in UK). And they are very easy to make. I eat much too many of them, and because they are the melt-in-your-mouth kind (rather than the chewy kind) it means they taste good about 2 minutes from the oven (I'm the worst at waiting for cookies to cool). In fact, I think they are at their tastiest when warm.

Besides being gorgeous (no humility, tsk) they don't require egg. That's great for when there isn't an egg in the house and you want cookies, and vegetarians/vegans can adjust this easily with veggie margarine and soy milk.

These are very easy and just the cookie for when guests with children are popping round unexpectedly.

Melt-in-My-Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies

Makes about 18 (tbsp size)

1/2 cup butter (room temp/soft)
1 c. muscovado sugar (this is just divine fudginess, trust me. This is the key ingredient. But any brown sugar will do.)
2 1/2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla (optional but it makes a taste-bud difference)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

Cream together the butter, sugar, milk and vanilla, really well. I just use a wooden spoon.
Mix in the peanut butter.
Add the dry ingredients (that you've pre-mixed), and mix until just mixed.
Drop teaspoonfuls or tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
Press down with your fingers.
Bake at 350F/170C degrees for 10-12 minutes.


These are very sweet, but 4-5 does me 1-2 does you nicely with a glass of milk.

I don't even pretend to present these as healthy or green. Desserts, cakes, cookies, etc, are one area I throw caution to the wind. However, if I'm going to have cookies, I'd rather make them at home for the homesteady aspect, the kid-friendly aspect, and reducing the wasteful packaging of supermarket products. It also means I can hand-pick fairtrade and organic ingredients.

Phht, DIY Dad admits he prefers my choc-chip ones. More for me, I say.

Enjoy your weekend.

...

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm peanut butter cookies..
    I would like some with a tea, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my kind of green mama! I also throw caution to the wind when making desserts and sweets. I prepare most of them at home for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! Made these at the weekend Mon and thought I'd died and gone to heaven LOL. They sure lifted that dark cloud I've been under for a while. Yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies will always do that I think. lol

    ReplyDelete

No comment is too long or short around here.


Comment moderation on posts older than 7 days.